Oetiker Kits; Clamps, Tool, Box
Oetiker Clamp Starter Kit includes 50 of each Group 167 1-Ear Stepless All Stainless Steel Oetiker Clamp (listed in description below), Oetiker Brand Pincers, Oetiker Clamps and Reusable Kit Box.
- 167 Series clamps are superior to the 2-Ear Zinc clamps.
- Clamps ideal for beverage, industrial and OEM applications
- Suitable for EPDM rubber hose, plastic tubing, electrical cable, and high-vibration equipment hoses
- Tamper-proof durable seal
- Ideal for air and fluid lines
- Specially deburred edges reduce the risk of damage to the part being clamped
- Tampering is visible
- Fast, professional and simple installation
Products (Total Items: 10)
Master Distributor Since 1995
Genuine Oetiker Clamps Group 167 Stepless
Oetiker Catalog | Oetiker Line Card | Oetiker Data Sheet | Oetiker Data Sheets for Groups 151,153,154
- 360° StepLess®: uniform 360° compression and uniform surface pressure
- Narrow band: concentrates transmission of clamping force, less weight
- Clamp ear: compensates for component tolerances, adjustable surface pressure
- Dimple: increases clamping force, spring-effect compensates for changes in diameter due to thermal expansion
- Specially formed strip edges: reduced risk of damage to parts being clamped
Stainless Steel, Material no. 1.4301/UNS S30400
What is StepLess® Technology?
Oetiker invented the StepLess® ear clamp in 1979. The ear clamp’s special design eliminates steps and/or overlaps on the inner circumference of the clamp for a 360° leak-free seal. Because the tongue resides in a groove, the “tongue-in-groove” feature exerts pressure on the assembled parts over 360°, enabling the clamp to apply a continuous radial force completely around the connection’s diameter.
The interlock is a mechanical system for joining the clamp ends to permit closure. Some interlock designs can be opened for radial installation prior to closure.
The following applies as a guideline: To determine the correct clamp diameter, push the hose onto the attaching material, (e.g. the nipple), and then measure the outer diameter of the hose. The value of the outer diameter must be slightly above the average value of the diameter range of the clamp to be selected. The listed size of the clamp denotes the inner diameter (id) of the clamp.
How to Install
These clamps can be easily installed using Oetiker Hand Installation Pincers (HIP). The HIP tools have been designed especially for pinching ear clamps quickly and easily.
Oetiker HIP Compound Action, Standard Jaw Pincer, Item No. 14100386
Oetiker HIP Compound Action Side Jaw Pincer, Item No. 14100498
Oetiker HIP Single Action Standard Jaw Pincer, Item No. 14100396
How to Remove
Ear clamps can be easily removed using Oetiker’s hand clamp cutter (HCC). The HCC tool is designed to safely remove ear clamps.
Oetiker Hand Clamp Cutter, Item No. 14100519
Please Note: The clamps included in this category are not designed or intended for use in PEX applications. The sizing references for PEX clamps are not the same as standard Oetiker clamps. Oetiker PEX Clamps should be used for PEX applications.
Oetiker stepless clamp was invented by Hans Oetiker in Horgen, Switzerland, which eliminates steps or gaps on the inner circumference of the clamp. This is said to provide uniform compression and a 360° seal. Oetiker stepless clamps are well suited to applications involving thin-walled hoses, with higher retained loads. Oetiker Clamps are commonly used in the Automotive, Aviation, OHV, UTV, Marine, Beverage and Irrigation industries to name a few.